Morgan Rogue 11.25.21
For when you’re thankful just to get into the outdoors!
I know I said this would be a weekly feature, but Morgan’s Thanksgiving Camping meal is just too appropriate for today; enjoy!
Thanksgiving Camping Meal
When it comes to eating in the outdoors, a hot meal can quickly build morale and keep us going. And I don’t know about you, but I prefer meals to be as quick and easy as possible when camping, over landing, hiking, whatever. My meals also have to pass the kid test, so again, simple and quick are always better for us.
Want to enjoy a Thanksgiving -esq meal any time of the year? I have just the meal for you!
One of the main reasons people don’t create their own meals for camping or hiking is because they don’t have a dehydrator or don’t know how to put together their own meals once they’ve dehydrated the foods.
No worries. Because this is an easy dehydrated meal but there’s no dehydrator needed! All of these ingredients can be found from the store. And I’m sure you could create similar meals just like the below using your own creativity and food preferences.
When thinking about making store bought meals, look to the instant foods, the individual packages of tuna, chicken or spam. These are lightweight and most of the ingredients can be added together before even heading out into a zipper bag.
How to make an instant Thanksgiving-est camping meal:
- 1/2 cup stove top stuffing
- 1/4 cup instant mashed potatoes
- Single packet of spam, or any single packet of meat of your liking
- 1 1/3 cup water
To prepare it:
- Place 1/2 cup stove top stuffing into a zipper bag
- Then place 1/4 cup instant mashed potatoes
- Keep the single packet of spam out until you’re ready to cook
To cook it:
- Place the dry mixture into a pot
- Then cut up the pieces of spam or your choice of meat and place it into the dry mixture
- Place 1 1/3 cup of water
- Stir and warm up the mixture up
- If it’s too watery, let it simmer for a little bit longer or simply add in less water next time
- Eat and enjoy!
This really does remind me of Thanksgiving and I’d be happy to eat it at any time of the year. It’s comforting and filling. Oh, and couldn’t be easier to make!
I’m happy to inform that this is also kid approved!
She went back for multiple bites, and she can be a picky eater so this meal was a keeper for us.
Adjust the portions for a larger meal if necessary.
Mix it up and have fun with these dehydrated meals that can be mixed up and made straight from the store.